- NewClimate Institute
NewClimate Institute is a think tank which started operations in November 2014. We are a team of researchers and policy advisors with long experience in supporting the international climate negotiations and associated national and international processes. Through our policy-oriented research and capacity building we help international organisations, national governments, NGOs and other actors to find and implement solutions to the global climate change challenge.
NewClimate Institute seeks a junior Climate Policy Analyst in Cologne, to strengthen the team primarily in the area of Climate and Development. Your work would focus on policy analysis and scenarios, with a focus on the energy sector. Possible project areas may include working together with partners in developing countries on the energy transition, and the further development of methods to quantify climate mitigation co-benefits. The position includes, amongst other tasks, quantitative and qualitative analysis, the contribution to research reports, the organisation of and participation in international workshops and conferences and desk analysis on climate change mitigation related topics.
- You should be highly motivated with a strong interest in the field of climate change, energy policy and sustainable development.
We are looking for somebody who is:
- Motivated to work in a small, evolving institute and be part of a multi-disciplinary, international team
- Keen to work in an international atmosphere with partners from around the globe
- Self-sufficient, independent and eager to learn
- Thorough, solution seeking and scientific in her/his way of working
- Flexible and interested to travel within Germany and internationally
- Masters degree or equivalent in a related field (e.g. environmental sciences, physics, energy analysis, engineering or economics)
- Good knowledge of energy systems and/ or other mitigation relevant sectors
- Experience with energy system analysis including for example bottom-up modelling or similar (spreadsheet based) modelling
- Proficient knowledge of quantitative data handling and analysis
- Full proficiency in English (spoken and written) and required, Spanish, German or French skills are an advantage.
- Excellent skills in the compilation, review and critical analysis of diverse literature sources
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
If you are interested and fit the described profile, we look forward to receiving your CV along with a short cover letter and an overview of grades obtained during your studies, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the reference number “R-1805” in the email subject.
- NewClimate Institute
Am Hof 20-26
- Eva Arnold
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: