Develop your marketing skills in a leading B Corp that is working with corporates and governments to tackle climate change and deliver the Global Goals.
Location: Oxford, UK
Type: Full-time, permanent
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
ClimateCare is an established, market leading business in the climate and sustainable development market. We are looking for a self-motivated graduate with a proven interest in sustainability and a desire to grow their marketing skills to join our busy team and help us cut 20 million tonnes of CO2 and improve 20 million lives by 2020.
Working with the Marketing Manager and engaging with the wider ClimateCare Team, you will help deliver ClimateCare’s communications strategy.
Main purpose of the job
The main purpose of the Marketing Team is to create a sense of urgency and drive key audiences to take action on climate and development issues, positioning ClimateCare as the ‘go to’ organisation for business and governments to take responsibility for their climate and social impacts.
To achieve this, communications need to:
• Be timely and relevant to the audience
• Demonstrate the team’s expertise and thought leadership in the fields of climate and sustainable development
• Contain clear calls to action and be measurable
• Maintain and enhance ClimateCare’s brand awareness & reputation
• Add value for our clients and partners, using their stories to inspire others and creating positive brand equity for both organisations.
Key functions of the role
Under direction and guidance from the Marketing Manager you will:
• Research and draft copy for newsletters, sales materials, campaigns and other materials as required
• Use templates to design and print quality materials. You will also help upskill the wider team to ensure a consistent high-quality output of materials across the organisation
• Work with teams across ClimateCare to ensure accurate and consistent logging of records in SalesForce
• Use SalesForce and email marketing software to plan, prepare and execute effective marketing campaigns
• Log and evaluate response to campaigns
• Support the marketing manager to maintain the ClimateCare website and social media activity in support of brand and business development objectives
• Help manage and evaluate our presence at events to maximise opportunities to increase our profile
• Have the chance to input into campaign planning and over time, lead campaigns
• Work with the Marketing Team to deliver other communications support as required.
You will have a relevant degree in either communications or sustainability and be able to demonstrate your interest in both these areas through your university career, work experience and other interests.
Ideally you will have some experience of supporting the communications function in the Corporate Sustainability, Environment, Sustainable Development or NGO space, but this is not essential.
You will be driven to develop your skills and knowledge across all aspects of the marketing mix and to share this knowledge, helping to upskill the wider team.
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Ability to write concise, relevant and engaging copy
• Thoroughness, accuracy and eye for detail
• An eye for design and ability to create high quality, consistent visual materials
• Perseverance and a drive to see things through to completion
• Self-motivation and a desire to develop and grow your skills and knowledge
This role involves a combination of database work and research to support the development of effective campaigns. You will need the self-motivation to execute this core element of the role effectively and efficiently, allowing you the time to become engaged with and learn from the wider team and expand your skills.
For the right candidate there is the opportunity to get involved in developing high profile campaigns for clients as well as ClimateCare itself – making this an ideal grounding for graduates looking to work in sustainability communications in house, or for an agency. There is also opportunity to develop and grow within ClimateCare, with previous marketing graduates now holding executive roles within the business.
ClimateCare is a fast growth, entrepreneurial business with a highly motivated team. To make the most of this role you need to be prepared to work hard, take responsibility for your work, as well as keen to learn from the wider team.
Please send a copy of your CV to Rhiannon.email@example.com together with an email that sets out your:
• Experience and knowledge of marketing and communications
• Knowledge of, and interest in sustainability
• Desire to work for ClimateCare and understanding of the likely communications challenges that we face.
The application deadline is 12:00 pm on the 28th of February, but please apply as soon as possible as we will assess the applications on a rolling basis.