Would you like to be part of our dynamic, global and growing team? South Pole Group is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all six continents, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
To further promote environmentally and socially responsible practices, we are currently looking to recruit a highly motivated and dedicated
Senior Carbon Project Development Manager (100%)
based in Delhi, Beijing or Bangkok
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager with substantial experience in handling cookstove projects under various carbon standards to join our Projects team. In this position you will be responsible for the registration and verification of carbon projects. Also, you will work on the evaluation of methodologies, project evaluation and communication with carbon standards. This challenging position requires an enthusiastic and dynamic professional with relevant experience in designing practical monitoring and verification procedures for cookstove and similar project activities.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance to local teams on cookstove projects and other community linked projects
- Support in baseline assessment and preparation of monitoring methodologies and other project documents as required under the different carbon standards
- Build contacts with key stakeholders in the region working on community based projects
- Communicate with carbon standards on project specific issues and knowledge sharing
- A university degree or equivalent in relevant areas such as Energy, Economics, Finance or equivalent
- 5-6 years of direct working experience in the carbon market with at least 2-4 years of substantial experience in cookstove projects
- Knowledge on carbon projects registration cycle, carbon standards, assessment and quantification of sustainable benefits and handling of third party audits
- Ability to work independently from project assessment and PDD development to issuance at Gold Standard (GS) or Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) for cookstove and other projects
- Familiar with GS and CDM cookstove related methodologies
- Ability to source new projects will be an advantage
- Good understanding on statistical techniques in data sampling and analysis
- Flexibility in local and international travel in Asia, Africa and South America
- Knowledge on forestry and community water supply projects is an advantage
- International working environment and opportunity to learn and grow
- Working with a diverse global team of dedicated experts in the carbon market
- Great team spirit
If you are interested in joining a young and international team looking to make a difference to the world we would be happy to hear from you! Please send your cover letter and CV directly through our website.