Application deadline: Until position is filled
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location: Berlin, Germany
Terms: Full time, fixed-term contract until 30 September 2019 with possibility of extension based on performance and funding.
To apply, please send one PDF file containing your CV, a cover letter, publication list and research statement as well as a list of three referees to email@example.com by 30 November 2017 Subject heading “Senior Economist Climate Change”.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently seeking a Senior Economist (Postdoc) in the field of Climate Change Research and Policy Analysis. The successful applicant will work across several large projects, with a focus on the economics of climate change mitigation including mitigation co-benefits, adaptation, sustainable development and poverty eradication.
- Strategic development of climate economics work at Climate Analytics, with a focus on quantification of co-benefits of mitigation measures, such as for employment, job quality, energy access and security, and for public health and agriculture
- Leading Climate Analytics work on quantification of (avoided) socio-economic damages and costs of climate change, as well as interlinkages between mitigation, adaptation, disaster risk management and development planning
- Evaluate and where appropriate initiate development of climate economics tools, modelling and conceptual frameworks
- Support other teams in Climate Analytics, in particular the “Implementation Strategies” team, where the focus is on applying (acquired) knowledge and insights to help streamlining climate plans into national development strategies
- Provide scientific advice externally to stakeholders up to high political level and internally to science and non-science colleagues
- Development and acquisition of climate economics related projects and research grants
- Maintain and expand excellent contacts and working relationship with stakeholders and funders in the area of climate economics.
- PhD in development economics, environmental economics, resource economics, or econometrics
- At least three years of (post-doc) experience, ideally in the field of co-benefits of mitigation measures
- An interest in climate change impacts and damages, adaptation and disaster risk management
- A publication record in (most of) the above fields
- High organisational skills
- Excellent English writing and verbal skills are a requirement; fluency in French (written and spoken); basic German skills are welcome, but not required, other language skills are an asset
- Willingness to travel frequently and on short notice