Global Counsel’s Europe Team is seeking a Senior Associate to support its growing energy and climate change public policy practice in Brussels, working across a range of clients in the sector. The role will focus on EU and Member State public policy, and particularly on the policy challenges arising from the transition to a low carbon economy. The successful candidate will have at least two years’ experience of working in a rigorous business-related policy or think tank environment, or direct policymaking experience.
Role and responsibilities
- Deliver research, analysis and advice for clients on energy and climate change public policy in the EU institutions and Member States, particularly Germany, Italy and the UK;
- Monitor relevant policy, regulatory and political developments, and judge when and how to brief clients;
- Design and support delivery of policy workshops, events and thought leadership for Global Counsel and for clients;
- Identify, prioritise and summarise key client stakeholders across the UK and EU public policy landscape and provide advice on engagement;
- Plan and script engagement with key stakeholders;
- Produce written content, including policy papers, progress reports and marketing material;
- Support business development by researching potential target clients;
- Provide general support to colleagues across the office as required.
- Experience – at least 2 years in government, industry, NGOs, think-tanks or trade associations, ideally with an emphasis on business-related public policy;
- Location – Brussels with regular travel to London and other European capitals;
- Hours – full time.
- Available on request and dependent on experience.
- ASAP. Subject to notice period.
How to apply
- Please submit your CV and covering letter via our website link or send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Senior Associate – Energy and Climate Change Policy”;
- Deadline for submissions is Friday 8 December 2017;
- Successful candidates will be invited to interview at Global Counsel’s London or Brussels offices on a rolling basis;
- Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we are not able to notify candidates who are not invited to interview.
About Global Counsel
Global Counsel is an advisory firm that works with clients navigating the critical area between business, politics and policymaking. We help companies and investors across a wide range of sectors to anticipate the ways in which politics, regulation and public policymaking create both risk and opportunity – and to develop and implement strategies to meet these challenges. GC can provide retained support in specific markets or policy areas or build teams to embed alongside strategic decision makers for projects or transactions. Our work is backed up by high quality analytical content and collateral that is politically and economically informed and which builds quickly into executable strategy. Our team is led by former public policymakers and political advisors with experience at the highest level of government and policy making. Our team is based in London, Singapore and Brussels and is supported by a network of partners in other key markets. GC is part-owned by WPP, plugging us into a global network of public affairs specialists and market intelligence. https://www.global-counsel.co.uk/