- Support the Fuels and Certificates trading team with short term (1- 12mths) fundamental analysis
- Develop, maintain and improve price models for coal, oil and emissions markets
- Develop commercially profitable trading strategies to enhance coal, oil and emissions trading profits
- Support all internal trading and analyst teams which are influenced by coal and / or oil price volatility
- Ensure availability of business critical fundamental data in collaboration with other support functions
- Develop and enhance external professional network
- Provide real time analysis of key market events
- Strong fundamental analysis skills in global coal and /or oil – preferably both.
- At least 5 years professional experience in performing fundamental / financial/quantitative analysis within a proprietary or bank trading group.
- Minimum Master Degree in Business, Economics, Science or Engineering
- Detailed understanding of global coal and/or oil markets.
- Understand the basics of European emissions market
- Freight (dry bulk or liquids) market experience is an asset
- In-depth know-how in data-analysis (qualitative, quantitative, fundamental) and profound expertise in statistics
- Have profound knowledge of key information /data/ industry statistics
- Have detailed knowledge of key producers and consumers and have the ability to analyze their hedging strategies based on company reports
- Strong analytical skills for fast problem solving, innovative and solution focused.
- Expertise in programming languages and quantitative applications, such as R, Python, VBA, SQL or MatLab would be an asset