Established in 1999 and acquired by Institutional Shareholder Services Inc., ISS in 2015, ISS-Ethix works closely with investors to align responsible investment policies and practices with shareholder interest. ISS-Ethix offers expertise across a full range of environmental, social and governance issues, having worked with leading asset owners and asset managers over the past 15 years to design tailored solutions and develop products.
For more than 30 years now, Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. (ISS) has been the world’s leading provider of corporate governance and responsible investment (RI) solutions for asset owners, asset managers, hedge funds, and asset service providers. Institutional clients turn to us to apply their corporate governance views, identify governance risks, and manage their complete proxy voting needs on a global basis.
We are a global company, with more than 1000 employees spread across 19 offices in 13 countries. A career in ISS gives you international experience in working with market-leading experts that enable investors to incorporate corporate governance & responsible investment in their policies and practices.
The ISS Way
At ISS, our values are not as much imposed as they are inspired. We talk about ideals in terms of how it brings our people together in a culture that upholds the interests of our colleagues, shareholders and clients.
Everyone at ISS is a champion of Integrity, Collaboration, Empowerment, Flexibility, Diversity and Client Service. When you join ISS, you are expected to exemplify these Values through your actions and aspirations in the workplace.
As a Junior Research Analyst at ISS-Ethix Climate Solutions you will contribute to the successful implementation of mandates and participate in product development for both our data and advisory services. Your role will involve interaction with colleagues and clients from around the globe. We are looking for a diligent, reliable, proactive and motivated junior research analyst with a collaborative approach to work and a passion for climate change.
- Conduct greenhouse gas emission analysis across asset classes on a portfolio level
- Manage the overall accuracy and quality of data for in-house databases
- Assist in the implementation of advisory mandates of ISS-Ethix Climate Solutions
- Assist in the product development of ISS-Ethix Climate Solutions
- Support colleagues and clients on advisory offerings of ISS Ethix Climate Solutions including support on day to day communications and operations
- Advanced university degree ideally in environmental science or engineering – experience (professional or academic) in financial topics is a bonus
- Demonstrated experience in investment carbon footprinting, GHG-accounting, carbon footprinting or Life Cycle Analysis
- Excellent oral and written command of English (Swedish, French or German is a bonus)
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to act as a team member in a multicultural environment
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications including a very good command of Excel
The internship is remunerated and will last for 6 months.
To apply, click here.
The Financial Sector Union of Sweden (Finansförbundet) is a trade union for employees in the financial sector in Sweden. You are welcome to contact the local representative of Finansförbundet at ISS-Ethix on Ulrika.Sandberg@issethix.com. However we won’t accept any applications sent to this e-mail address!