The European Environmental Bureau (EEB) has a vacancy for a full time Climate and Agriculture Project Assistant, employed on a ‘Convention d’immersion professionnelle’ contract. Work will include involvement in the follow-up of relevant legislation relating to climate and agriculture (Effort Sharing Regulation) and the governance of the Energy Union; as well as coordination work with other Brussels-based NGOs on those files.
The assistant will directly report to the Agriculture and Bioenergy Policy Manager. The position is initially 5 days per week (full time) for six months with the possibility of extension depending on the outcomes of other funding applications.
Start Date: No later than Monday, 4 September
Profile and requirements:
- You have excellent written and spoken English skills and are ideally fluent in other EU languages (e.g. French, German, Spanish)
- You are a recent graduate in the field of agriculture, climate and/or European and environmental policies. Knowledge of the EU climate and energy package is an asset
- You are confident interacting with colleagues, other NGOs, industry, academics and representatives of EU Institutions
- You have good communication, organisational and networking skills
- You have some experience in using communications tools
- You are able to deliver accurate, high quality work on time to short deadlines
- You are a quick learner who is motivated to go deeper into issues in view of finding solutions
- You will be happy working as part of a team as well as taking the initiative on your own
- You are ready to work outside normal office hours, if necessary, and to travel at short notice if needed
- You share the core values of the EEB and can demonstrate knowledge of and commitment to environmental protection and social change.
- Close follow-up of the legislative procedure on climate, agriculture and governance
- Participation in regular NGO coalition meetings and note taking
- Organising an event for decision makers and other NGOs in Brussels and potentially one at national level too
- Organising and participating in meetings with decision makers (e.g. European Commission and Members of the European Parliament)
- Consultation with experts to develop ideas on long-term emission reductions in agriculture and governance
- The drafting of a position paper under the management of the Agriculture and Bioenergy Policy Manager
What we offer:
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment within an organisation dedicated to promoting environmental interests.
- A non-routine job implying involvement in several areas around agriculture and climate.
- The opportunity to meet and work with environmental representatives and other experts at EU level.
- A 6 months ‘convention d’immersion professionnelle’ contract (can be extended to up to one year if funding allows). Salary: around 1100€ net/month.
Please email your application in English with the reference “Climate, agriculture and governance project assistant” to email@example.com including a motivation letter, your CV, and 350 words (maximum) explaining why you think you can positively contribute to the work outlined above and how this fits to your experience (i.e. your academic background).
The deadline for applications is Sunday 13 August.
Interviews will be held during the week of 20 August 2017, as appropriate, in Brussels. Due to limited staff resources and numbers of CVs received, ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR INTERVIEW WILL RECEIVE A REPLY.
European Environmental Bureau
Boulevard de Waterloo, 34,
Tel: +32 (0)2 289 10 90
EC register for interest representatives: Identification number 06798511314-27
International non-profit association – Association internationale sans but lucratif (AISBL)