At 3Degrees, our business is our mission. As a certified B Corporation, we connect people with renewable energy on a massive scale — providing renewable energy and carbon offset solutions to Fortune 500 companies, utilities, universities, green building firms and other organizations that are working to make their services and operations more sustainable. Join us.
The Senior Originator will join a strong and dynamic division to shape our strategy and drive wholesale growth on the buy and sell side. We are looking for someone with a deep network of industry contacts at investor-owned utilities, municipal power agencies, cooperatives, and other load-serving entities as well as developers and other project owners or managers. The ideal candidate will be responsible developing new and existing customer relationships, proposing and structuring renewable energy certificate transactions in all US markets. You must be a self-starter ready to make an immediate impact while leading and developing a highly capable Origination team. Additionally, you must have exceptional ethics and be committed to the company mission and maintain an unwavering desire to collaborate with Trading, Trade Operations and Regulatory to insure deal success and long-term profitability.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead the Origination team in defining and achieving its goals and partner closely with Trading to achieve overall portfolio objectives.
- Develop new and existing customer relationships, proposing and structuring renewable energy certificate transactions in compliance and voluntary markets.
- Identify and execute on new portfolio opportunities and trading strategies including hedges, derivatives, speculation, arbitrage and others while maintaining an appropriately low level of risk.
- Contribute to overall portfolio and risk identification, management and reporting.
- Collaborate with Trading, Trade Operations, Regulatory and other teams to achieve portfolio objectives and consistently improve processes.
- Collaborate with Vice President on financial modeling & forecasting, team planning, goal & resource management and development of our wholesale CRM platform.
- Perform market analysis and monitor indicators that influence pricing for price discovery, development of forward price curves and to develop portfolio and trading strategies.
WHAT WE’LL NEED FROM YOU
- A minimum of 4 years of experience building and managing a diverse environmental commodity portfolio, including identifying, monitoring and managing risk
- Seasoned commercial lead with a deep knowledge of the regulatory environment and a proven record of identifying and negotiating wholesale purchases and sales in both voluntary and compliance markets
- Experience developing and maintaining strong customer relationships with voluntary and compliance buyers and sellers across markets and over multiple years
- Strategic thinker/planner that will develop a multi-year plan for growing specific segments of our business
- Superb communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, pivot quickly and managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining composure under pressure
- Collaborative and positive team player with the ability to work independently
- Creative thinker, proactive, highly resourceful and comfortable working in an unstructured, entrepreneurial environment
- Sense of humor (highly encouraged, though not required)
WHAT YOU GET
When you work for us, there’s plenty in it for you:
- Company equity, medical, dental, and vision benefits, flexPTO, 401(k) with company matching program, health & wellness reimbursement program, cell phone reimbursement, and mass transit expense reimbursement program.
- A mission-driven B Corp that is committed to a triple bottom line ethic and fostering work-life balance and professional development for its staff.
COME WORK FOR US
3Degrees is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.