Position: Business Development Manager, North America and Europe (2 positions)
Location: North America: New York (preferred) or Boston
Europe: Paris (preferred) or London
Desired start date: Fall 2017. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.
Looking for the next step in your career? Want to make a difference?
Four Twenty Seven, an award-winning climate risk analytics and market intelligence firm, is looking for two ambitious Business Development Managers to support the rollout of its financial product on climate change risk. You will join a dynamic team of climate experts and economists to grow sales of our cutting-edge products that model the financial and economic impacts of climate change. Our innovative products help investors and corporations understand and mitigate vulnerability to environmental and socio-economic risks related to climate change in their portfolios. Our customers are among the world’s largest commercial, financial and government institutions.
The ideal candidates will have extensive experience in business development and sales for macroeconomic, geopolitical risk, or Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) data and intelligence products, a robust understanding of how financial firms acquire research and data products, and a broad professional network in the financial sector in their focus region. This is a position well-suited to entrepreneurial profiles who enjoy developing and executing on a new strategy, are creative and self-driven, and eager to leave their mark on the market impact a fast-growing company.
The Business Development Manager for North America will be based in New York. The Business Development Manager for Europe will be based in Paris or London and must be completely fluent in both French and English.
Both will report to the Director of Financial Products in our Berkeley, CA headquarters and will work closely together with the CEO.
Success will be measured by:
• A detailed sales plan for your target market
• Winning large new deals within base of prospective and existing clients
• Meeting or exceeding sales and revenue targets
• Flawless execution of outreach strategies at conferences and through online marketing
• Responsiveness to clients’ needs and a talent o to fine tune commercial terms and deliverables
• Effective contribution to a feedback loop to inform the continuous improvement our products
What would make you a good fit for this role?
• A passion for hunting for new business and promoting innovative products
• The ability to discuss a technical product effectively to a non-technical audience
• The ability to reach the appropriate decision maker and work with decision making units
• An entrepreneurial spirit and enjoying a chance to work independently from a remote office
• Flexibility to work with a team and clients spread over multiple time zones and offices
• Strong ethics, considerate of clients’ and partners’ needs, and a team player
Skills, experience and qualifications:
• 3-5+ years conducting business development in the financial sector
• Proven track record on selling market intelligence products to large financial institutions
• Proven track record of identifying and nurturing an opportunity through to completion
• Proven track record developing and executing on a winning client sales strategy
• Understands the competitive field and requirements to be successful
• Comfortable with multiple outreach channels strategy
• Good presentation and interpersonal skills are imperative
• A demonstrated interest in ESG, climate change or environmental issues
We offer you in return:
• The chance to join a fast growing Silicon Valley startup with a passionate and creative team and a track
record of developing award-winning products
• A chance to prove your entrepreneurship drive by opening and growing our new offices on the East Coast and in Europe.
• Financial incentives to reward short term success in sales as well as your broader contribution to building the brand and our network with stock options.
• The opportunity to help disseminate new intelligence, improve transparency around climate risk and help financial institutions build resilience to climate impacts.
• A competitive salary packages + benefits and a flexible work environment
About Four Twenty Seven, Inc.
Four Twenty Seven (www.427mt.com) is an award-winning, climate risk analytics and market intelligence firm that brings climate intelligence to business decision-makers. Four Twenty Seven helps business leaders and investors understand how climate change will impact their assets, price climate change risk in economic decisions, and invest in resilience. Our team is comprised of highly qualified professionals with backgrounds in climate science, economics, finance, natural resources management, policy analysis, public health, and international development.
Four Twenty Seven was a finalist for the prestigious Cartier Women’s Initiative Award (2014), earned Climate Change Business Journal Awards for Climate Risk Management and Adaptation (2014 and 2015), took first prize in the ESRI Human Health and Climate Change Challenge 2015, and, won the Verdantix Environment, Health and Safety Information Management Award (2016). The company was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in Berkeley, California.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Development Manager” in the subject line.
Four Twenty Seven is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.
Note that we are unfortunately unable to sponsor for work visa at this time.