JOB DESCRIPTION – Policy Analyst
The Policy Analyst will focus on assessing climate policy and actions that reduce greenhouse gas emissions at all levels (city, state, national and international). This position reports to the Senior Vice President for Policy and Business Strategy.
- Research, analyze, write and communicate information on city, state, federal and international climate and energy policy;
- Provide quantitative and qualitative analyses on climate and energy related issues;
- Share lessons from city, state and international efforts with others;
- Help organize and conduct workshops and meetings of businesses, city, state and federal officials, while providing insight and guidance about key energy and climate issues;
- Represent C2ES at climate change meetings, conferences, and hearings;
- Help organize briefings for stakeholders on policy issues; and
- Conduct background research and draft white papers as needed.
- Two or more years of work experience related to climate change or energy policy analysis;
- Master’s degree in environmental policy, environmental law, energy resources, economics or related field;
- Interdisciplinary understanding of the climate change issue (law, economics, policy);
- Top-notch writing, editing, research, and quantitative skills required;
- Familiarity with Excel required;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels; and
- Willingness to do some travel (less than 10% of total time)
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: Rolling until position is filled
Salary: Competitive salary, depending on background and experience. Excellent benefits.
Status: Full-time, regular, exempt
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions:
C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, and is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
- A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
- A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
- A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
- A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
For more information about the C2ES visit www.c2es.org.
To apply – send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to:
Human Resources Department
Attn: Policy Fellow
Center for Climate and Energy Solutions
2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 550
Arlington, VA 22201
or electronically to hr@C2ES.org