We are looking for a self-motivated person who is interested in supporting Aboriginal ranger groups and Indigenous Land Owners involved in carbon farming.
The Community Development Project Officer will work with a small supportive team based in Cairns and professional development opportunities will be made available to learn about the carbon industry.
To be successful you will have:
- Experience working at a similar level assisting in the development of projects with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders,
- Knowledge, or ability to acquire knowledge, of community development and/or Indigenous land and sea management,
- Sound written and oral communication skills,
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and build productive working relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and a knowledge and understanding of their cultures.
The Community Development Project Officer – Carbon Projects will be employed in the Cairns office to undertake the following duties:
- Connect with Aboriginal ranger groups and Indigenous Land Owners involved in carbon projects on Aboriginal lands,
- Support the development of projects that involve social media campaigns, Aboriginal ranger training and economic development activities,
- Produce reports highlighting the social, cultural, environmental and economic benefits of projects undertaken by Aboriginal ranger groups and Indigenous Land Owners,
- Participate in carbon farming meetings and forums to support Aboriginal ranger groups and Indigenous Land Owners,
- Undertake other duties as directed. Occasional travel throughout Far North Queensland to remote areas is required of this position.
Please note no relocation expenses are available.
Please supply a two-page letter outlining your experience and a detailed resume to Barry Hunter Regional Manager via email email@example.com by 3rd May COB.
For further information please contact Barry Hunter 0437 827 881.