Location: London Bridge
Position: Full time – Permanent
Closing Date: 17 April 2017
Salary: Competitive NGO
This is an amazing job: rethinking how we use policy, regulation and every finance sector tool – and capital markets tool – we have to mobilize capital for a rapid global transition to a low-carbon and climate resilient economy.
It will involve looking at:
- Growing the global market for green financial instruments
- Capital markets policy proposals for economies around the world
- What regulators can do to grow green finance
Green bonds are the focus, as an indicator of success and creating momentum for change.
The job is London-based; for this one we’re looking for someone who is eligible to work in the UK
Self-starting, hands-on, motivated individual, etc, and able to work in a small but potent organisation. Reporting to me (lucky person).
- Driving the policy development programme
- Developing and managing relationships with public sector stakeholders
- Promoting our policy work at external events
There’s a small team to manage, along with a vast agenda. Country-specific policy work includes China, the EU, the US, India, Brazil, Nigeria.
- Further develop existing research programme around policy and regulation reforms to scale up green bond markets in emerging markets and developed economies
- Liaise with governments, regulators, central banks, development banks and other public sector stakeholders, as well as the private sector and NGOs.
- Present and push for research findings and reports to be put into practice by relevant public sector actors
- Manage small policy development, tracking and review team
- Coordinate with senior management on long-term planning and strategy around mobilising capital for climate change solutions
- Input into strategy for development of the organisation