Location: Beijing, China
Application closing date: May 5th, 2017
Estimated Start Date: May 15th, 2017
CCEEE, launched by the Energy Foundation China, is a newly established and China-based NGO with global vision and perspective.
Our mission is to serve as an integrated communication and collaboration platform and catalyst to advance energy efficiency policies, governance, technologies, investment, and best practices. CCEEE carries out its mission by:
- Facilitating communication and dialogues for the stakeholders in energy efficiency field.
- Conducting independent and in-depth strategic assessment on policies and programs, help forge a competitive cooperation in the field.
- Providing technical solutions for enterprises and assisting enterprises in identifying CO2 mitigation options.
- Building capacity and disseminating best practices on energy efficiency, both nationally and internationally.
- Enhancing international exchange and cooperation in the context of energy, environment and green economy.
We are currently recruiting a full time Senior Program Analyst to join our efficient and united team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to think independently, have an insight of the overall energy efficiency and economic policy context, and take the initiative in collaborating, convening, and managing relationships with stakeholders. He or she works closely with other staff in CCEEE to support the office-wide activities. The Senior Program Analyst reports to the MD.
- Design and undertake robust research projects, employ rigorous qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, and draw on methodologies from a range of disciplines including public policy, finance, and economics.
- Produce high-quality reports, publications, and other products in both English and Chinese to tight deadlines.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Master’s degree in public policy, energy efficiency, economics, environmental studies or relevant field; a PhD is desirable.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in analyzing and promoting climate, energy and environmental policies in China.
- Experience working with government, NGOs, think tanks, research institutes, and consulting firms; working experience in Communication is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of China’s energy, environment and climate policy landscape, particularly on energy efficiency field, corporate and project finance and management process.
- Strong data synthesis and analysis skills, commitment to accuracy, an ability to build and interpret a wide variety of data, and translate that into a recommended course of action.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Mandarin Chinese and English.
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft work, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- High efficiency, organized, flexible, can work under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Team player, stable personality, passionate about NGO work.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of multi-cultural and multidisciplinary team.
DURATION AND REMUNERATION
The CCEEE provides a comprehensive benefits package, including generous vacation and competitive salary, which may vary subject to the candidate’s professional qualifications and working experience.
The CCEEE provides a comprehensive benefits package, including generous vacation and competitive salary, which may vary subject to the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please send cover letter and CV in both English and Chinese with‘Program Analyst-Name’ in the subject field to email@example.com before April 30th 2017. Please provide contact details of three referees.
We encourage early applications as applications will be processed as they arrive. The recruiting process may end earlier than closing date. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.