Location: Beijing, China
Application closing date: May 5th, 2017
Estimated Start Date: May 15th, 2017
CCEEE, launched by the Energy Foundation China, is a newly established and China-based NGO with global vision and perspective.
Our mission is to serve as an integrated communication and collaboration platform and catalyst to advance energy efficiency policies, governance, technologies, investment, and best practices. CCEEE carries out its mission by:
- Facilitating communication and dialogues for the stakeholders in energy efficiency field.
- Conducting independent and in-depth strategic assessment on policies and programs, help forge a competitive cooperation in the field.
- Providing technical solutions for enterprises and assisting enterprises in identifying CO2 mitigation options.
- Building capacity and disseminating best practices on energy efficiency, both nationally and internationally.
- Enhancing international exchange and cooperation in the context of energy, environment and green economy.
We are currently recruiting a full time Program Analyst to join our efficient and united team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Analyst, as a fundamental member of the team, will assist the Managing Director (MD) with project implementation and management, events and activities development, research reports production and partner relations. He or she works closely with other staff in CCEEE to support the office-wide activities. The Program Analyst reports to the MD.
- Undertake robust research projects, employ rigorous qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, and draw on methodologies from a range of disciplines including public policy, energy efficiency, environmental economics and finance.
- Assist with producing high-quality reports, publications, and other products in both English and Chinese.
- Assist in maintaining and coordinating good ties and regular communications with partners, advisors, and team members.
- Organize and coordinate CCEEE’s meetings, workshops, consultant visits, study tours and funder trips, including issuing invitation letters, arranging accommodation and transportation, scheduling meetings, assembling meeting materials, arranging translation services, taking notes and developing meeting summaries, etc.
- Prepare materials for fundraising and partner communications.
- Participate in workshops, project missions, and provide support as necessary.
- Handle mailing, faxing, voice communication and written correspondence to ensure timely, cordial, and deferential interaction.
- Translate written materials from English to Chinese or vice versa as required by senior staff.
- Maintain CCEEE’s website.
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as determined by the senior staff.
- Be able to travel as necessary.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Master’s degree in public policy, energy efficiency, economics, environmental studies or relevant field;
- Minimum 3 years’ experiences in analyzing and promoting climate, energy and environmental policies in China.
- Experience working with government, NGOs, think tanks, research institutes, and consulting firms.
- Working experience in project management and communication fields is preferred.
- Good understanding of China’s energy, environment and climate policy landscape, particularly the energy efficiency field, corporate and project finance and management process.
- Good data synthesis and analysis skills, commitment to accuracy, an ability to build and interpret a wide variety of data, and translate that into a recommended course of action.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both Mandarin Chinese and English.
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft work, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- High efficiency, organized, flexible, can work under pressure;
- Good organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail;
- Team player, stable personality, passionate about NGO work.
- Good interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of multi-cultural and multidisciplinary team.
DURATION AND REMUNERATION
The selected candidate will be appointed for one year under a fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance, with a probationary period of 2 months.
The CCEEE provides a comprehensive benefits package, including generous vacation and competitive salary, which may vary subject to the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please send cover letter and CV in both English and Chinese with‘Program Analyst-Name’ in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 30th 2017. Please provide contact details of three referees.
We encourage early applications as applications will be processed as they arrive. The recruiting process may end earlier than closing date. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.