Purpose of the position
Carbon Market Watch is seeking a Fundraising Officer to help secure funds to implement our ambitious five year work plan on our campaigns related to carbon pricing, aviation & shipping, climate governance and fair climate action.
We are looking for a candidate available to join our team as soon as possible. We will offer an initial contract for 10 months. Contract extension is dependent on the success of implementing the job.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Identify funding opportunities;
- Establish donor relationships;
- Coordinate and prepare grant applications;
- Support project management including reporting requirements;
- Professional and personal attributes, abilities, and experiences.
The ideal candidate should embody the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- Relevant university degree;
- Sound knowledge of European and international climate-change policies;
- Several years of relevant experience with fundraising in the non-profit sector;
- Proven success in mobilizing resources and experience with LIFE, LIFE+ and Horizon2020;
- Experience to build consortia and coordinate with a wide range of organisations and individuals;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English);
- Analytical and critical thinking skills and proven experience of strategy development and project design;
- Ability to work independently and flexibly across the team;
- A strong commitment to environmental protection and human development;
- Enthusiastic personality.
Applicants should send their CV, references and a strong cover letter by 26 March 2017, addressing the competencies required to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only highly motivated and experienced candidates will be considered.
Starting Date: as soon as filled