ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Climate Policy Initiative is a team of analysts and advisors that works to improve the most important energy and land use policies around the world, with a particular focus on finance. We answer pressing questions posed by decision makers through in-depth analysis on what works and what does not. We work in places that provide the most potential for policy impact, including Brazil, China, Europe (London), Indonesia, and the United States.
CPI is a small but dynamic organization, with a global reach and an entrepreneurial culture. We work hard to maintain an idea-driven, collaborative environment across all our teams.
The Director, Climate Finance is responsible for all aspects of day to day management, including the development and implementation of the strategy and research agendas and personnel management in the London office, which has an existing portfolio of cross-office projects. The Director will also be responsible for outreach and communications to CPI clients, funders, and stakeholders, and will represent CPI with key external audiences, including policymakers and partner organizations. The Director is accountable to CPI’s Senior leadership, participating in the executive team (ET) and ensuring that the London program is integrated into the larger CPI strategy and organization.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consolidate and build CPI’s European operations and manage resources (HR and Finance)
- In consultation with the Executive/Senior Director, oversee and guide strategy, implementation, and review of the London program’s research agenda
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the London team
- Communicate regularly with the Executive/Senior Director and CFO regarding budget, strategy, and progress
- Maintain strong relationships and open communication with regional offices and the Executive Team
- Guide the implementation of processes, values, and goals developed in conjunction with the Executive Director and Executive Team
- Facilitate sharing of knowledge between regional offices on operations, program strategy, research approaches, and other areas
- Articulate the CPI vision and mission to key internal and external audiences; manage interactions with external entities including the media and potential partners
- Maintain and facilitate networks of associated organizations in government and business to ensure the quality of work products and strategic direction
- Facilitate collaboration and outreach with governments, academic groups including schools and research institutes, and other relevant or related organizations
- Bachelors required; Masters or other advanced degree preferred
- A deep commitment to the mission and values of CPI
- Experience with climate, energy, and political economy issues in a global context
- Demonstrated team leadership, facilitation, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to initiate and manage projects and teams
- Demonstrated experience delivering impactful analytical work under tight deadlines
- A strong track record of applying sound political and strategic judgment in complex situations
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to quickly and accurately analyze problems and identify appropriate solutions
- Experience initiating collaboration among networks of organizations
- Enthusiasm for working in a team and demonstrated ability to interact and work with people from all walks of life
- Tact, poise, professionalism, diplomacy, and sense of humor
TITLE AND COMPENSATION
CPI is hiring for one full-time position, open immediately. The position will be located in London, but may require occasional international travel. Title and competitive compensation will be based on experience.
With your application, attach your CV/resume and a cover letter.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Climate Policy Initiative is an equal opportunity employer.